"Soda tries to understand at least...I've love Soda more than I've ever loved anyone, even Mom and Dad. He's always happy-go-lucky and grinning..."

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Heroes at the Hospital

 I was worried sick because since the night of the murder we hadn’t seem them until we saw them at the hospital in Windrixville. Pony told me the whole story and how they ended up from leaving the city to getting to a hospital. He told me that the church which was where they were living after they left was burning and that him and Johnny were saving some children who were in the church until a wooden plank fell on Johnny’s back and then Pony and Dallas went to help him but they fainted. 

Pony woke up in the ambulance. Darry and I finally saw him at the hospital. We found it strange that Pony had died his hair. Thank God Pony was ok and Dallas was recovering but the problem was Johnny. He had 3rd degree burns and had a broken back. He couldn’t feel anything below his waist. The nurses said that he could die at any moment but they wouldn’t let us see him. We couldn’t believe that was true because Johnny was the one that all us Greasers cared about the most. Some reporters had been asking Pony questions and he started to get dizzy then I had to step up and tell them not to yell at him because he was in no mood to be yelled at. 

The reporters wanted Darry and I also to be in the news and the pictures in the news because they said that it was part of public appeal because we looked very pretty. Once they left the hospital got quiet and I finally took a nap on Darry’s lap. Darry told Pony when I had shut my eyes “He didn’t get much sleep this week. He hardly slept at all.” Neither me nor Darry had gotten much sleep because we were worried sick about Pony but at the end we were happy that Pony was ok.





menpisey.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment